- Crying during United Way commercials.
- Attempts to make an otherwise healthy breakfast resemble a chocolate bar.
Let’s skip over the whole United Way thing. I tried to explain it to someone and ended up sounding crazy. Story. Of. My. Life. Anyway, oatmeal.
I wanted to make Chocolate Covered Katie’s recipe but had only about 28% of the ingredients plus some Ritz Crackers. So I made up my own. And let me tell you–its going to be a staple around here.
ALMOND JOY OATMEAL
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 packet of Stevia
- 1 T unsweetened, shredded coconut
- A few chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
Cook your oatmeal and add the rest of the ingredients, then stir it up until it is melty and chocolately and makes you feel inspired and weepy. Just like a United Way commercial about creating jobs. (It was sad, okay?)
(Calories=270. Joy Factor=97.)